I can no longer connect to Mongodb using Robo 3T

I am no longer able to connect to Mongodb database using Robo 3T or other client applications.

Did you guys make some changes?

Yes, can you check the dashboard for your new MongoDB connection string. If after updating your connection string and the issue continue to persist, let us know,

There is no change to the MongoDB connection string, it’s exactly what was there before. The issue is persisting…

I am able to successfully connect from Mongo Shell. There should not be any issues connecting. If you want me to take a screen shot for you as well i can provide it.

Thanks for the feedback. However it is still not working from my end. Please find below error from my MongoDB Client application (Studio 3T).

Timed out after 30000 ms while waiting for a server that matches ReadPreferenceServerSelector{readPreference=primary}. Client view of cluster state is {type=UNKNOWN, servers=[{address:27017=cranky-captain-mongodbs.opscaptain.com, type=UNKNOWN, state=CONNECTING, exception={com.mongodb.MongoSocketOpenException: Exception opening socket}, caused by

{java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out}}]

From my analysis the problem is with connecting from external clients because: -

1. My application which is hosted within your servers continues to work without issues
  2. Another application hosted on Meteor’s Galaxy platform which connects to the same MongoDB stopped working due to connection issues.
  3. I am unable to connect using my MongoDB client application as per the error logs shared.

I think the above observations should point you towards getting a solution to this issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

I thought you said the connection string has not changed and you were connecting to friendly-captain? Like i said cranky-captain was taken down over the weekend with your data migrated to the friendly-captain instance. You must update your connection string for this to work.

Thanks a lot. Sorry, the error is on my side. I had not seen that ‘cranky’ changed to ‘friendly’. It is working perfectly.